Borland Library – Covid information
Due to the ongoing concerns regarding COVID-19, and for the purpose of protecting the health of our users as well as our staff and faculty, the physical Borland Library has limited seating available. The virtual library is 100% open and available, and library faculty and staff are here to help.
We will still provide the majority of our services remotely, including instruction, research consultations, reference services, and digital interlibrary loan, as well as access to all of our digital collections, including journals, books, databases, and clinical tools.
Contact us at https://borland.ufl.edu/about-us/contact-us/ for reference help, instruction, consultations and other online services. You may also leave a voice message at (904) 244-3240; we will be checking email and voice mail Monday-Friday 8am-5 pm.
Our online journal articles, books, videos, and other resources are available on the main HSC Library website: http://library.health.ufl.edu.
- Reference and instruction will be conducted remotely via Zoom. Contact us for more information at https://borland.ufl.edu/about-us/contact-us/
- Use the Libraries’ Ask A Librarian service for quick help requests: https://cms.uflib.ufl.edu/ask
- Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery: Requests for copies from our collections and through Interlibrary Loan will be processed, but Interlibrary Loan will be dependent on the ability of other libraries to fill them. Requests for loans of print materials will not be processed until the library re-opens. To request document delivery or interlibrary loan, use our Interlibrary Loan form (https://cms.uflib.ufl.edu/accesssupport/InterlibraryLoan) or contact your liaison librarian directly.
- Room reservations at HSC Library are canceled; we will contact all those who have booked our space.
- Course Reserves are available at: https://ares.uflib.ufl.edu. We are committed to ensuring access to course reserve materials electronically to the maximum extent possible.
- Off-Campus Access to Electronic Materials: https://cms.uflib.ufl.edu/offcampus
- Off-Campus Access to Software Applications: https://info.apps.ufl.edu/published
- Return of Library Materials: UF-owned books and media should be renewed online using the online renewal service accessible from “My Accounts” on the Smathers Libraries home page. If you cannot come to campus to return items, return them when you return to campus. Overdue fines will be waived.
The Health Science Center Libraries team is committed to maintaining access to library resources, expertise, and services during the response to COVID-19.
Please contact Associate Dean & Fackler Director Melissa Rethlefsen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns that have not been addressed here.