Faculty, staff, and students of UF Health Jacksonville and other library affiliates have borrowing privileges at the Borland Library.
|Loan Periods||A valid library card is needed to borrow any materials.|
|Books & CDs||Undergrads — 14 days
Grad students — 8 weeks
UF Staff — 8 weeks
UF Faculty — Up to 6 months, with fixed dates of April 1st and October 1st
Shands/Courtesy affiliates — 14 days
|A/V Materials||General A/V - 2 weeks
Test Prep - 3 days
|Journals/Reference||Cannot be checked out.|
|Renewals||Online renewals should be made by the due date and are limited to UF Faculty, Staff and Students due to Gatorlink Account Requirement. Affiliates are required to renew by phone at 904-244-3240 or in person.|
|Fines||$1.00/hour -- Course Reserves
$1.00/day -- Test Prep materials
$0.25/day -- Books, CDs, DVDs, A/Vs
All materials that have been recalled for return to the Borland Library due to a hold being placed on them are subject to double overdue fines. Please return all materials promptly to the Borland Library, and return all materials with holds immediately to avoid accruing fines.
|Reserves||Reserves material must be returned inside the Borland Library. Materials returned to a book drop or other campus libraries will be considered late and a fine will be assessed.|
Borrowers assume responsibility for materials loaned to them. Fines for items with regular loan periods are as follow:
- $0.25/day — Books, CDs, DVDs, A/Vs
- Minimum fine billed per item is $1.00 — the maximum fine per item is $10.00.
Fines for items with shorter loan periods are as follow:
- $1.00 per hour (24hr checkouts), for items including course reserves.
- $1.00 per day (test prep materials).
- The maximum overdue fine is $40.00 per item for short term loans, at which point an item will be considered lost and borrowers will be assessed the replacement cost in addition to fines accrued.
Printing and scanning is free. One printer is available in the library.